Back to Recipes
Spiced panko coconut prawns
- 8 large banana prawns, cooked, de-shelled and tails kept on
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ shredded coconut
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 Tbsp MasterFoods™ Tartare Sauce, to serve
- Pre-heat oven 180°C.
- Combine the panko and coconut in a bowl, ready to dip. One prawn at a time, coat in flour, then egg wash, then panko-coconut mixture. For a second time, dip back into the egg wash and then into the crumb mix again.
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes or until prawns are cooked through.
- Season with some extra sea salt once out of the oven and serve with MasterFoods™ Tartare Sauce and lime wedges on the side.
- These can be enjoyed as mini sliders with lettuce and pickles.
- Also great with MasterFoods™ Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Replace the prawns with cauliflower for a vegetarian option.