Back to Recipes
Baked bean shakshuka
- 400g SPC Baked Beans Rich Tomato
- 400g SPC Chunky Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 small brown onion, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dash olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- Sourdough toast or pita to serve
- Add olive oil to the frypan, sauté onion, capsicum and garlic until softened. Toss in chilli, smoked paprika and cumin, stir until fragrant.
- Pour SPC Baked Beans and SPC Chunky Crushed Tomatoes, add fresh parsley, stir and simmer for approx 15 mins, until slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- Form four small pockets in the sauce with the back of a large spoon. Crack each egg, one at a time and gently add to the individual pockets. Cover and gently simmer until the eggs are cooked to your desired liking, the whites set.
- Serve with sourdough or pita and enjoy.