Back to Recipes
Peanut butter cheesecake
- 175gm granita biscuits
- 80gm Dairymont Butter, melted
- ¾ cup Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 500gm Dairymont Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp gelatin dissolved in
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 50gm Dairymont Butter, chopped
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- 100gm caramel popcorn
- 75gm Dairymont Butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Crush biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and mix in the butter. Press evenly into a 20cm springform cake tin and refrigerate for 30-45 mins until firm.
- Warm the Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter slightly in a microwave (or over a double boiler) until just softened.
- Beat Dairymont Cream Cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture, vanilla extract and Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter. Fold in thickened cream. Spoon over the chilled biscuit base and smooth down the top evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4½ hours or overnight.
- For the brittle; spread the peanuts out on one layer on a flat baking tray lined with baking paper and set aside.
- Heat the sugar with ½ cup water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir with a metal spoon until the sugar has dissolved then stop stirring and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir the butter through until well combined.
- Pour hot caramel over the peanuts, sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool on a cold surface for 15 minutes until set hard. Break into chards.
- To make the caramel sauce; melt the Dairymont Butter over low heat in a pan. Add the brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Add the milk and stir until smooth. (If the caramel is too thick add a teaspoon more milk). Allow cooling.
- To decorate, top the cheesecake with caramel chards, caramel popcorn and drizzle with caramel sauce.