Back to Recipes
Classic reuben sandwich
- 2 thick-cut dark rye, sliced
- 40gm Western Star Easy Spread Butter
- 70gm sauerkraut
- 100gm corned beef, thinly sliced
- 10gm dijon mustard
- 4 slices Mainland Swiss Cheese
- 1 pickled gherkin
- Preheat corned beef and sauerkraut in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread one side of each piece of rye bread with mustard.
- Build sandwich starting with two slices of swiss cheese, then corned beef followed by sauerkraut.
- Finish the top layer with two more slices of Mainland Swiss Cheese, followed by another piece of bread.
- Brush the top of the sandwich with half the Western Star Easy Spread Butter and place in a heated frypan, grill until golden brown, turn over and repeat the process.
- Remove from the pan, remove the lid, add Russian dressing then replace the lid.
- Garnish with pickled gherkin, serve with a fresh salad.