Back to Recipes
Chocolate cheese cake
- 250gm packet chocolate ripple biscuits
- 150gm unsalted butter, melted
- 250gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 500gm Dairymont Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50gm chocolate curls or 100gm chocolate malt balls, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 170C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Transfer to a large bowl and stir through melted butter until coated. Press into the base of the prepared tin to an even thickness and bake for 10 minutes on an oven tray. Set aside on a cooling rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150C fan-forced.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler until smooth and set aside in a warm place.
- Beat Dairymont Cream Cheese for 2-3 minutes in a large bowl until soft and smooth then whisk through sugar, double cream, vanilla extract and finally the eggs until evenly combined.
- Spoon into biscuit lined base and bake for 30 minutes then turn the oven off and allow to cool inside for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and run a thin sharp knife around the edge of cake whilst still warm. Set aside on a cooling rack to cool to room temperature before refrigerating for 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with chocolate malt balls and chocolate curls to serve.