Back to Recipes
Beef and bean soft shell tacos
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1kg piece beef chuck
- 2 cups beef stock
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 30gm sachet taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400gm can Edgell Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 8 tortillas
Delicious slow cooked beef with Edgell Red Kidney Beans. Taco Tuesday is sorted!
- Place onion in the bottom of a slow cooker, top with beef. Combine stock, tomato paste, taco seasoning, garlic and pour over beef. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours or until beef starts to fall apart.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and set aside. Place sauce and Edgell Red Kidney Beans into a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pull beef into shreds.
- Stir beef through reduced sauce and serve in tortillas with a Mexican slaw, tomato and guacamole.
Tip: You can substitute Edgell Black Beans or Edgell Pinto Beans for the Red Kidney Beans.