Woolworths and PFD continue to give undertakings to the ACCC that cannot be policed and we believe is yet another smokescreen to get this deal across the line. A deal that will impact hundreds of small businesses.
- Fate of hundreds of small businesses in ACCC hands
- Woolworths’ latest 3-year separation undertakings to ACCC around proposed PFD acquisition do nothing to address the major concerns raised by small food businesses
- ACCC Chair, Rod Sims himself has said behavioural undertaking are hard to police!
- Concerns are mounting within small business that the ACCC is being hoodwinked by meaningless undertakings that will be quickly rolled back by Woolworths
- Given its track record in other industries, there is no doubt Woolworths’ will use a similar blueprint to eliminate competition in Australia’s $11 billion food distribution industry if the proposed acquisition is allowed to proceed