Back to Recipes
Stuffed baked mushrooms
- 20 x mushrooms, field or Portobello
- 50ml oil
- 2 x onions, chopped
- 800gm beef mince
- 100gm Knorr American Chipotle BBQ Sauce GF
- 500gm Knorr Italiana Pronto Napoli GF
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 400gm grated tasty cheese
- 500ml water
- 50gm Knorr Rich Brown Gravy GF
Mushrooms are having a moment, especially when they’re stuffed with beef mince in a divine smoky chipotle tomato-based sauce.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, chopped mushroom stems and mince. Cook until mince is sealed then add Knorr American Chipotle BBQ Sauce and Knorr Pronto Napoli. Season and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms on a large baking tray. Spray or brush with oil. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Spoon beef mixture into center of each mushroom and top with cheese.
- Return mushrooms to oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is golden.
- Heat water in a saucepan and add Knorr Rich Brown Gravy, whisk and bring to boil, simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to serving plates, spoon over Knorr Rich Brown Gravy.
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.