Back to Recipes
Smokey beef & maple bacon burger
- 2 rashers bacon
- 30ml maple syrup
- 1 beef burger
- 5gm smoked sea salt
- 1 milk burger bun
- 40gm Western Star Easy Spread Butter
- 20gm whole egg mayonnaise 20ml chipotle sauce
- 30gm cos lettuce
- 1 slice Mainland Egmont Cheese
- Place bacon rashers on a baking tray, drizzle with maple syrup and roast at 180OC for 5 minutes.
- Season burger patty well with smoked sea salt, grill in a hot pan until golden on each side and cooked through. Leave in the pan and cover burger with Mainland Egmont Cheese and allow to melt.
- Top the burger and cheese with the maple-roasted bacon.
- Split burger buns, evenly spread Western Star Easy Spread Butter on each half and toast.
- Lay out the bun bottom, brush with mayonnaise, add lettuce.
- Top with burger, cheese, sauce and bacon. Brush lid with chipotle and place on top.
- Serve with chilli and cheesesteak fries.
Tip: Substitute bun for a gluten-free option if desired.