Back to Recipes
Roasted pumpkin and moroccan chickpea couscous
- 500gm pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Moroccan spice mix
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 125gm can Edgell Chick Peas, drained
- 125gm can Edgell Corn Kernels, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
A lovely light vegetarian style dish served with couscous.
- Lightly spray pumpkin and onion with oil and sprinkle with half the Moroccan spice. Place into a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 200C for 25 minutes.
- Place couscous into a bowl and pour over 1 cup boiling water, cover and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and heat, add remaining Moroccan spice, Edgell Chick Peas and Edgell Corn Kernels and heat for 1 minute. Add couscous to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring until heated through.
- Spoon the couscous onto serving plates, top with roasted vegetables and sprinkle with coriander.
Tip: Serve with a spoonful of natural yoghurt.