Back to Recipes
Mixed vegetable buttermilk muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 300gm can Edgell Corn Kernels, drained
- 125gm can Edgell Diced Capsicum, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp seeded mustard (optional)
- ½ cup grated low fat cheese
Savoury muffins also go wonderfully with soup for a quick meal.
- Combine flour, Edgell Corn Kernels, Edgell Diced Capsicum and spring onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs and seeded mustard and fold into the flour mixture, until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased 12 x ⅓ cup medium muffin pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 15–18 minutes.
Tip: Muffins can be frozen and reheated in a microwave oven.