Back to Recipes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp thyme, roughly chopped
- 600gm mix of pork, beef or veal mince
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 125ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 700gm tomato passata
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 cup Dairymont Shredded Tasty Cheddar
- 1 cup Dairymont Shredded Mozzarella
- ½ cup Dairymont Shredded Parmesan
- 250gm instant lasagna sheets
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onions with a pinch of salt and cook for 10-12 mins until soft. Add 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme and mincemeat and cook for 8-10 mins until all the moisture has evaporated and meat has browned slightly.
- Break up any large clusters of meat with a wooden spoon and stir through tomato paste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to darken in colour then add the wine and cook for 1 minute before stirring through the passata. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced by one-third. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cream with ¾ cup of Dairymont Shredded Tasty Cheddar, ¾ cup Dairymont Shredded Mozzarella and ¼ cup Dairymont Shredded Parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease a 25cm square baking dish. Spoon in ¼ cup of cooked mince, enough to cover the base of the pan in one thin layer then cover with lasagna sheets. Trim sheets to fit the edges if required.
- Spoon over one-quarter of the cream and cheese mix to cover the sheets then spoon over another ¼ cup of mince. Repeat these layers twice and cover the final layer of pasta.