Back to Recipes
Baked chicken and sausage napoletana
- 2 Italian style sausages
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.25kg chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 baby fennel, cut into wedges
- 500gm jar Leggo’s Napoletana Pasta Sauce
- 4 washed potatoes, cut into small chunks
- Oil spray
- Basil leaves for garnish
The subtle flavour of fresh fennel complements the tomato sauce in this dish.
- Slit sausage casings and remove filling, break into small pieces. Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the sausage meat and cook for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Remove and set aside. Add chicken and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and set aside with sausage pieces.
- Add onion and fennel to frypan and sauté for 2–3 minutes.
- Place chicken and sausage pieces in a baking dish. Sprinkle over fennel and onion and pour over Leggo’s Napoletana Pasta Sauce. Place potatoes on a baking paper-lined tray. Spray with oil and season to taste.
- Bake chicken and potato in a preheated oven at 180C for 40–50 minutes or until chicken is cooked and potato is tender. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.